Thursday, August 11, 2011

Oh, hi there, I didn't see you there...

"Why do today what you can put off til the day after tomorrow?"

This has kind of become my motto in the past few weeks and I'm not sure why. I haven't been to the gym in ::mumble mumble:: weeks. I'm so unmotivated. I told myself at the beginning of the summer that this was going to be my summer. My summer to lose some pounds, get fit and happy. School starts back up in 18 days and my goal was to be done losing so that I would just have to maintain while in school. Oops. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy. I've been really busy this summer, hanging out with friends and meeting new people. Just too busy for the gym? Yea, that's it. Too busy.

Oh, you saw that "S" word, did you? Yea, that's right...I'm back in school. I quickly realized that I could not work for TSA for the next 30+ years and survive it and my degree in business is going nowhere. After much debate and doubt and quite a few encouraging words from some very special people, I decided to take the plunge. I've decided that I've dealt with people long enough and I'd rather work in a lab with their removed body parts and bodily fluids. I'm heading into the medical field, Medical Laboratory Technology.

Today is my first day of a very long awaited vacation. What have I done so far? Hmm. Woke up for the first time at 7:00 (huge accomplishment considering I'm normally awake by 3:45 for work), went back to sleep and didn't get out of bed until almost noon. I know I wasted half of my day but I'm completely OK with it. Since then, I've caught up on a guilty pleasure (Secret Life of the American Teenager), had lunch and went to Ollie's (which was a GIANT success, bought two movies for $2.99 each!!) and now I'm writing my first ever blog. I really do have a list of things to accomplish on this vacation but as for right now, I'm content sitting on my couch, laptop in my lap with my cat at my feet, watching Wedding Crashers.

Enough for now, sorry it wasn't as exciting as you might have hoped. I can't promise the next one will be any better but I'll try to do something exciting so I'll have something cool to write about. Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Secret Life too (crappy acting but amusing). You should watch Switched At Birth. Dumb name for a show but it's good. Happy blogging! I hope it keeps the craziness from bouncing around it your brain like it does for me.

    ReplyDelete